Friday, April 14, 2006

Whats best for snooker?

What is best for snooker? We all sit and watch it when it is on, approximately somewhere around 6-8 million watched the World Championship final last year. I feel that the life has been sucked out of some of the top players. The life in things is what gives it its magnetism. So how do we create more life in the players and snooker as a whole?

Does anyone have an opinion on:

The addition of several wildcard placements for all competitions.

A masters tour.

Exhibition matches which are televised.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Hello dear snooker enthusists! I am a 31 year old man in Cheyenne,Wyoming and have been playing snooker now for four years. I have very limited access to a quality snooker table. They just aren't around very much anymore. I fear they may be completely non existant in a short time, at least in my area. I have found competition in Pierce, Colorado, near Greely, Co. Also some limited competition in Kimbal, Nebraska. What is the deal? I love snooker!!! I can compare it more to a chess game than say Eight-Ball. Don't get me wrong I play in VNEA 8 Ball leagues every Tuesday, But would MUCH rather be playing on a Snooker league!! Any suggestions for league play or tornament playing would be of great value to me and the few snooker players here in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Please don't let this great game die!!!My partner and I are very serious snooker players and to our knowledge probly the best players in this area, I would love a real challenge by another or other snooker players. Thanks, Bill VH Email me wrvanhouten@yahoo.com.

Bill said...

Any snooker fans in Cheyenne?